ParkLands is hiring! If you are interested in the postion (details below) please send a completed employment application, current resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com or by mail to: ParkLands Foundation, PO BOx 12, Normal, IL 61761. The deadline for applications is February 10th but may remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Parklands Foundation is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator with knowledge of volunteer organizations and land conservation. This position reports to the Administrative Director on matters that affect the organization’s mission.
• Attend all Outreach Committee meetings and assist in developing and implementing outreach programs including fundraising and increasing membership.
• Coordinate and provide programs for requesting groups and organization
• Communicate with the public about ParkLands which includes:
o Producing and distributing newsletters
o Updating and maintaining content of the Foundation’s internet and social media sites
o Preparing press releases
o Manage apparel orders and sales
o Maintain outreach materials (e.g., exhibit displays, brochures, etc.)
• Assist the Stewardship Committee and Land Steward with activities including, but not limited to:
o Maintaining deer management permits, documents and statistics, volunteer work days, volunteer recognition, recruitment, retention and communication
• Other responsibilities appropriate for the position may be assigned.
• Must be available for weekend work
• Employee must maintain reasonable office hours and be accessible for routine workday communication by approved phone and email services.
• Employee must be current in basic computer skills
• Employee must be comfortable interacting with public groups and volunteers and have good interpersonal skills.
• Employee must have reliable transportation to the office and rural sites for events
• Experience working with non-profit organizations
• Experience managing social media
• Graphic design experience
• Event planning experience
• Experience working with volunteers
Compensation and benefits will be negotiated and determined by level of experience and other qualifications.
• Part time hourly compensation will be based on a minimum of 20 hours worked per week
This job description does not state or imply that the duties on this description are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The incumbent may be required to follow other instructions to perform other duties requested by the Administrative Director.