The Merwin Nature Preserve
- Take I-55 North to the Towanda exit.
- At the top of the ramp turn left (North) on McLean County Highway 29.
- Continue North approximately 2-1/2 miles until you reach the “T” intersection.
- At the “T” intersection, turn right (East).
- After crossing the Money Creek bridge, turn left (North) on Hwy. 29.
- Continue North on Hwy. 29 for 3-1/2 miles until you come to the 4-way stop at the intersection of Hwy. 29 and Hwy. 8 (Lake Bloomington Road).
- At the stop sign continue North on Hwy. 29.
- While driving North, you will see the Merwin Nature Preserve prairie restoration area to your right.
- The West Gate parking lot will be on your right immediately after you cross the Mackinaw River bridge.
- Take I-55 North to the Lexington exit.
- At the top of the ramp, turn right (East) on McLean County Highway 8 towards the town of Lexington.
- At the “T” intersection, turn right (South).
- At the Freedom gas station, turn right (South) on to Spencer St.
- See Yahoo map of Lexington.
- Continue South on Spencer St. until you come to the Timber Ridge road.
- Turn onto the Timber Ridge road and follow it approximately 1/2 West until you see the green ParkLands gate.
- This is the Eastern border of the Lexington Preserve and the site of the ParkLands Memorial Grove.
- The Dorothy Shelley Wildflower Prairie is approximately 1/4 mile down the dirt road West of the parking gate.
Letcher Basin Preserve
From Bloomington/ Normal
- Take I-39 N/US-51 N to exit 8 for IL-251 toward Kappa/Lake Bloomington Rd
- Turn right onto IL-251 N
- Turn left to stay on IL-251 N
- Continue straight onto County Rd 600 N
- Continue on County Road 2000 E.
- Take Denman Rd to County Rd 400 N
- Turn left onto County Road 2000 E (County Road 2000 E turns right and becomes County Road 475 N)
- Turn left onto County Rd 1975 E/Denman Rd
- Continue to follow Denman Rd then Turn right onto County Rd 400 N. The road will dead end into our gate. Please park in designated area.
View ParkLands Public Preserves in a larger map