Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator Position Available
Parklands Foundation is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator with knowledge of volunteer organizations and land conservation. This position reports to the Administrative Director on matters that affect the organization’s mission.
- Attend all Outreach Committee meetings and assist in developing and implementing outreach programs with the goal of increasing public awareness and ParkLands membership.
- Coordinate and provide programs for requesting groups and organization
- Communicate with the public about ParkLands which includes:
- Producing and distributing newsletters
- Updating and maintaining content of the Foundation’s internet and social media sites
- Preparing press releases
- Managing apparel orders and sales
- Maintaining outreach materials (e.g., exhibit displays, brochures, etc.)
- Assist the Stewardship Committee and Land Steward with activities including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining deer management permits
- Documenting of volunteer activities, including volunteer work hours
- Recruiting, retention and recognition of Volunteer Stewards
- Organizing and recruiting for volunteer work days
- Communicating with volunteers
- Developing policies as necessary for volunteer activities
- Training Volunteer Stewards
- Other responsibilities appropriate for the position may be assigned.
- Must be available for weekend work
- Employee must maintain reasonable office hours and be accessible for routine workday communication by approved phone and email services.
- Employee must be current in basic computer skills
- Employee must be comfortable interacting with public groups and volunteers and have good interpersonal skills.
- Employee must have reliable transportation to the office and rural sites for events
- Employee must be comfortable working outdoors year-round
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Experience managing social media
- Graphic design experience
- Event planning experience
- Experience working with volunteers
Compensation will be commensurate on level of experience and other qualifications. Part time hourly compensation will be based on 20 hours worked per week. This position offers a flexible work schedule, paid time off, sick leave and paid holidays.
This job description does not state or imply that the duties on this description are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The incumbent may be required to follow other instructions to perform other duties requested by the Administrative Director.