|How Do I Get to ParkLands?
The Merwin Nature Preserve and the Lexington Preserve, are the only ParkLands preserves currently developed for public use.
The Merwin Nature Preserve
- Take I-55 North to the Towanda exit.
- At the top of the ramp turn left (North) on McLean County Highway 29.
- Continue North approximately 2-1/2 miles until you reach the "T" intersection.
- At the "T" intersection, turn right (East).
- After crossing the Money Creek bridge, turn left (North) on Hwy. 29.
- Continue North on Hwy. 29 for 3-1/2 miles until you come to the 4-way stop at the intersection of Hwy. 29 and Hwy. 8 (Lake Bloomington Road).
- At the stop sign continue North on Hwy. 29.
- While driving North, you will see the Merwin Nature Preserve prairie restoration area to your right.
- The West Gate parking lot will be on your right immediately after you cross the Mackinaw River bridge.
- Take I-55 North to the Lexington exit.
- At the top of the ramp, turn right (East) on McLean County Highway 8 towards the town of Lexington.
- At the "T" intersection, turn right (South).
- At the Freedom gas station, turn right (South) on to Spencer St.
- See Yahoo map of Lexington.
- Continue South on Spencer St. until you come to the Timber Ridge road.
- Turn onto the Timber Ridge road and follow it approximately 1/2 West until you see the green ParkLands gate.
- This is the Eastern border of the Lexington Preserve and the site of the ParkLands Memorial Grove.
- The Dorothy Shelley Wildflower Prairie is approximately 1/4 mile down the dirt road West of the parking gate.